Our founders, Silvia Almeida Vaquero, LMFT, and Alma Lovaton Quagliato, LMFT, had a clear, shared vision when they created The Counseling Group – to be the most compassionate, comprehensive personal counseling group in the business. Silvia brought to the table her 27 years of experience as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Alma brought almost 20 years of psychotherapy expertise. Together, they worked to develop a team that would provide the widest range of elite services for a population with diverse needs. The result? The Counseling Group.
What Makes us Different?
In the world of mental health and well-being, there’s an unfortunately common trend of treating individuals as extensions of studies and text books. Not at The Counseling Group. You’re a person with a unique story and set of circumstances. As such, you’re treated that way, with an uncompromising level of compassionate care every time you walk through our door. It’s our duty and promise to you to give you the best treatment possible.
Modalities & Services
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Program
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing – for treatment of Trauma)
- Men’s Issues
- Certified Nutrition Counseling
- ADD/ADHD Coaching
- Somatic Experiencing
- Private Parenting Skills Training
- Eating Disorders with Meal Support
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Individual, Couples, Family & Group Therapy
- Children, Adolescents and Adults
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Medication Management
- Psychological and Academic Testing
- Critical Incident Debriefing
Take the first step. Contact us now.
Inquiries can also be made by e-mail or with the secure form above. If this is an emergency, please call 911 or immediately go to the nearest emergency room.
The Counseling Group
Monday9AM - 8:30PM
Tuesday9AM - 8:30PM
Wednesday9AM - 8:30PM
Thursday9AM - 8:30PM
Friday9AM - 5:00PM
Saturday10AM - 3PM