Dialectical Behavioral Therapy is a form of Therapy to help clients create a life worth living. This form of treatment is designed to specifically target the following:
- Reduce impulsive behavior
- Improve one’s ability to regulate emotions; reduction of emotion dysregulation
- Eliminate self-harm and suicide attempts while reducing or eliminating self-harm urges and suicidal urges
- Improve functioning and communication in interpersonal relationships
- Reduce or eliminate drug and alcohol abuse
- Improve one’s ability to deal with crisis situations more effectively and without the use of destructive behaviors
- Gradually work to help clients develop a stronger and more integrated sense of self
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy is provided through individual therapy and skills training. Skills training is typically provided in a group setting, but can be completed individually if necessary. Skills training involves teaching clients effective skills in mindfulness, emotion regulation, interpersonal effectiveness and distress tolerance. Individual therapy is provided to help clients integrate skills into their lives and also to develop a therapeutic relationship to help heal deeper issues that contribute to suffering and less effective life functioning.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy is based on a treatment model developed by Dr. Marsha Linehan that is rooted in Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. The Counseling Group has several intensively trained Dialectical Behavioral Therapy specialists to provide you with this effective treatment that has been empirically validated through controlled scientific studies.
For more information or to speak with an intensively trained DBT specialist, please contact The Counseling Group at 305-857-0050.
Take the first step. Contact us now.
Inquiries can also be made by e-mail or with the secure form above. If this is an emergency, please call 911 or immediately go to the nearest emergency room.
Join our email marketing list and receive information on our upcoming events and learn more about our groups.
The Counseling Group
Monday9AM - 8:30PM
Tuesday9AM - 8:30PM
Wednesday9AM - 8:30PM
Thursday9AM - 8:30PM
Friday9AM - 6:30PM
Saturday10AM - 3PM